Without the aid of contacts or glasses. I had my surgery. It was seriously the weirdest thing ever. If you don't want to know all the crazy details about the surgery, skip the next paragraph.
They give you valium. I asked for a lot because something coming towards and touching my eye ball freaks me out. Once you are almost in zombie sleep phase, they bring you on for surgery. You go into a room and lie down. Drops are put into your eyes and then they are propped open. It was a very Kubrick moment. Then this machine comes over your head and this thing pushes into your eye until your vision goes black, then it releases and your vision returns. Repeat on other eye. Then you walk to a room next to it. You lie down, they tape your eyelashes back, and prop your eye open. Then they move the flap they created. Basically, you are looking straight ahead while your vision starts moving up down and side to side. Then all you see are red and green lights and there is a laser noise and the smell of burning flesh. Flap gets flipped back down then they brush it down a few times. Repeat other eye. After, you sit up and you can actually see pretty well. Then you go home and sleep for about 24 hours.
My vision is fairly good, although my right eye is a bit blurry and at night things are fuzzy and have a halo around them. But it's still early. I may have to have one or both retouched. That's ok by me. As long as they don't have to recreate that flap, I'm good. And they won't if they retouch them.
My birthday is tomorrow. I got my presents from my family yesterday. Having dinner and cake tonight. Tomorrow I work. Saturday is my party. My outfit for it is coming along nicely, though I have a lot of work still.
That's it for this update.
No comments:
Post a Comment